I was nominated by the amazingly sweet Er over at Literary Tea With Er. Thank you so much for the nomination!! Go check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How it started:
It started with a Bookstagram account and then I decided to create a blog where I could review books. I started this blog a little over a year ago and I wrote reviews and other posts but that was about it. I didn’t try to connect with other bloggers or make friends and that was a mistake of mine. I just recently started trying to reach out to other book bloggers and make friends. It’s been quite the journey, but I’ve loved it so much. If I didn’t watch a BookTube video I would never be the bookworm I am now. I was never a big reader until I watched that video and discovered that there’s a completely other world out there. Being apart of this community has been so amazing!
- Make sure you reach out to other book blogs and communicate with them. If you do what I did then you won’t have much fun. It can be lonely if you don’t talk to other bloggers, read their blogs, etc. I didn’t read other blogs or talk to other bloggers and it was very boring and lonely. I didn’t get much traffic and I hardly got any comments. I just recently started a Twitter to help promote my blog and find other blogs and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve been making friends with so many other book bloggers because I decided to get out of my bubble and it was one of the best things I could’ve done. So yeah, make sure you talk to others and immerse yourself in this community. You won’t regret it.
- Don’t focus on your follower count or the amount of traffic you get. You can obviously worry about it to an extent, but don’t let it consume you because then you won’t have a lot of fun. The amount of traffic you get on your blog is important but it’s not the only thing that matters, so don’t let it stress you out. This is supposed to be fun and if you freak yourself out over something so small then you’re blogging for all the wrong reasons. Speaking of which thank you all for 50 followers! 🙂
Bri at Girl With A Book Blog
Kris at Boston Book Reader
Sabrina at The Reader Devotee
Danielle at The Introverted Book Nerd
Lauren at Where There’s Ink There’s Paper
Rebecca at Rebecca Reads
Jessica at Reading With Jessica
Shanah at Bionic Book Worm
Mandy at Book Princess Reviews
Candace at Literary Dust
Poulami at Daydreaming Books
A. Jade at Pursuit of Wonderland
Bri at Words With Bri
Ashley and Sabrina at 5171 Miles Book Blog
If y’all have already been nominated or don’t feel like writing a post then you don’t have to! It’s perfectly fine 🙂 I hope y’all enjoyed this!