Looks like it’s time for another Down The TBR Hole!!! I hope y’all enjoy this as much as me! Currently I have 418 books on my to-read list! As you can see my TBR is even longer than it was last time! I can’t help it! So many good books come out during September! Let’s see if we can make it smaller!
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. This is a keep! I want to read this series so bad, but it’s so intimidating because of how big the books are. My boyfriend actually bought this series for me and I intend on reading it for sure!
2. After You by Jojo Moyes. I bought this book not too long ago and I really loved the first one so I definitely plan on reading this one. When? I haven’t a clue but I will get to it eventually. I’m really hoping I enjoy it as much as I did the first book since I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one.
3. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. So, at first I was like yeah I can get rid of this book series, but then I reread the synopsis and decided that I definitely can not get rid of this book series! I need way more fantasy books! I love fantasy but don’t read enough of it and this book seems like the perfect book for me. Maybe I’ll finally buy it soon!
4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. This is such a tough choice for me! I might be able to get the audio book for Pride and Prejudice and if I do that then maybe I can read this one for the month of October. I definitely want to read it that’s for sure.
5. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. So, first I was ready to just take this series off my to-read shelf, but after rereading the synopsis I decided otherwise. I read Heartless by Marissa Meyer and I want to try more of her books. I’ve only heard good things about this series, so it’s gonna have to stay. Plus, like I said before I need more fantasy books!
6. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I bought this book years ago and I even started it, but I never finished it. I reread the synopsis and it doesn’t really interest me like it used to. I think this one is going to have to go. I will probably end up selling the book as well. I’m not always a fan of contemporaries and this one doesn’t appeal to me much anymore.
7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. My sister actually has this book and it’s been on my tbr for ages. The synopsis doesn’t peak my interest like it once did. Now that doesn’t mean I’ll never read it. If I have the time I will definitely pick it up and read it. I may take it off my to-read shelf but that doesn’t mean I will never read it. It just means that I may read it I may not, but it’s not a priority.
8. The Mortal Instruments/ The Internal Devices by Cassandra Clare. So the next 9 books or so are these two series so I just combined them. Anyway, these obviously have to stay because it’s all anyone ever talks about and I feel like I’m missing out. One day I’ll buy them all and tackle them as well. I don’t know when I will be able to get them, but hopefully sooner rather than later. They’re just so expensive and very intimidating.
9. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass. I have the first book which I’ve had for a year now and I still haven’t read it. I have commitment issues when it comes to series. They’re just so long and intimidating!! 😮 I will read it one of these days! Once again I feel like I’m missing out!
10. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I’ve had the e-book version of this for ages. I definitely want to read this duology but like I said I have commitment issues with pretty much any books that aren’t standalone books XD. Maybe one day I will fix this problem of mine. I seriously am left out of so much book talk because I don’t really read series and everyone else has read them!
I hope y’all enjoyed reading this! I think they’re so much fun to do. My to-read shelf has now gone to 416…progress? Hopefully my to-read shelf won’t get any bigger by the next time I do another one of these!