It hasn’t been too long since I’ve done one of these but I’m trying to do them more often so that way my to-read list ong Goodreads gets smaller haha.
My to-read list has gotten bigger since I’ve last done one of these. I currently have 429 books on my to-read list now. So not a step in the right direction, but maybe we can change that today!
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. So, my dad bought this book a long time ago and it’s a very hyped book and TV show. I stole the book from my dad a long time ago, but I haven’t read it yet. I don’t know if I ever will. if you’ve been here a while or even read my posts you’ll know that series aren’t my favorite. Maybe one day in the future I’ll read this series, but as of now it doesn’t interest me enough to pick it up or buy the rest of the series. However, I’m not saying I’ll never read it. Right now it’s just taking up space on my to-read shelf and just needs to go.
2. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. I’m pretty sure I got this book for free on my Kindle. It was one of those “one day only” things. I read the synopsis and it seems interesting, but man do I have issues with series. I wish I was normal and could just read a series rather than being intimidated by it haha.
3. A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I know, I know I’m the only one who hasn’t read this amazing trilogy…I think it’s a trilogy. I only have the first book in the trilogy and it’s not even with me. So, one day I will get to this series but not today haha. It sounds like something I would really enjoy though!
4. Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy. I’ve seen this book in the community a few times and I want to read it and write a review on it one day. I’m planning on seeing if my local library has it. I don’t checkout enough books at my library and I should. Yeah I wanna see if I like this book or not.
5. My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl. I read the synopsis and I don’t really know why this book is on my TBR. I kind of want to read it but at the same time it doesn’t really appeal to me. I have mixed emotions about how this book sounds. I think I’m gonna take it off my TBR but like what I normally do I’ll still read it one day if I come across it. I’m just doing that because this has been on my to-read list for ages and I never bothered buying it even when I had the chance. Not saying I’ll never read it but I don’t think I’ll read it anytime soon.
6. Who Could That Be At This Hour? by Lemony Snicket. So this is actually a series of four books and I have the box set. It’s a middle grade series and I really do plan on reading it. Maybe I’ll have a month I dedicate to reading middle grade novels that way I can read a few middle grade series I have. 🙂
7. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows. I added this book along with the second one because I love their covers. I read the synopsis and it sounds really good. I love fantasy…I don’t know why I don’t read more of it!
8. Every Day by David Levithan. I’ve had this book and the second one on my TBR for a while and after rereading the synopsis I’m not really sure why. Maybe it sounded interesting at the time, but as of now it doesn’t interest me. Anyway, I will be taking this one and the second one off my to-read list.
9. Reawakened by Colleen Houck. Okay, for someone that isn’t very good with series I sure do have a lot of series on my TBR….oh well. This book sounds really interesting so I’m kind of surprised I haven’t bought it already.
10. Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini. Wow, another series! Shocker…Anyway, I fell in love with the covers in this series and so that’s why I added it to my TBR. However, it also has an amazing synopsis and I really want to read it. All these fantasy novels sound so good and I am now in the mood for some fantasy haha.
So, my to-read list is now at 425….better but not great. It’s like one step forward two steps back. I’m not getting very far, but at least I’m trying. Plus I have fun doing these haha. It’s helping me learn self control!
I hope y’all enjoyed reading this! Have a great day y’all!