Hey y’all! Time for another Down The TBR Hole post! I love to do these when I’m bored and don’t know what to write about. 🙂 Also, i just wanted to apolgize for not being very active!! I hope y’all forgive me!
Let’s see….on my to-read shelf I have 431 books. Last time I had 425 so I have gone up…I’ll try and be a little more strict….probably not but one can dream haha. Anyway, let’s just jump in and fix this haha.
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne. This series doesn’t seem bad, but it’s a romance and a fantasy and I’m not sure I wanna read more fantasy books that have a romance. I’m just kinda done with romance. Maybe one day I’ll add it back to my TBR but for now it doesn’t interest me as much as it once did. I probably liked this book more for the cover too haha.
2. Tempting Fate by Jane Green. I was so read to take this book off my TBR. Another contemporary? Heck no! However, I reread the synopsis and I just had to keep it! I didn’t even remember adding this too my shelf but when I read they synopsis I realized why I did. Also, I don’t have anything against contemporary, but it’s not always my favorite genre…it just depends haha.
3. Drag Teen Jeffery Self. Okay so I added this book to my to-read shelf a long time ago…I love Ru Paul’s Drag Race so I figured I would love this book too. Sadly, I reread the synopsis and it doesn’t sound all that good. I feel like my expectations are too high and I just wouldn’t enjoy it. I mean of course I could be wrong. Any book I take of my list doesn’t mean I’ll never read it it just means that I won’t be reading it anytime soon.
4. Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke. I don’t think I read the synopsis when I put this book on my TBR…this book doesn’t sound interesting at all to me. The cover is beautiful though. I remember this book became really popular in the book community and that is probably the only reason it’s on my TBR.
5. Zodiac by Romina Russell. I remember hearing how good this book was so I just put it on n my to-read shelf. Plus the cover is so stunning and I love space and anything that deals with it. However, after rereading thy synopsis it doesn’t sound as intriguing as it might have once sounded. I might read it one day, but I doubt it’ll be soon. Plus, I don’t need more series on my list. Once again the covers are so stunning though ❤
6. Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper. Honestly I’m struggling with this book. Part of me wants to read this book but part of me doesn’t think I’ll enjoy it. I don’t think I’ll keep it. It seems like an interesting book, but I’m not big on reading books set in later times…I don’t know why. I probably sound like a horrible person now.
Okay this is unrelated to this post, but I’m drinking tea and spilled it all over myself. Honestly this happens with everything I drink. Did I really drink anything if it didn’t end up down the front of my shirt? Anyway, continuing on I’m sorry haha.
7. Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima. Okay I just really love the cover of this book. Yeah, that’s a recurring problem I have. I just add books to my TBR because they’re so pretty. Like…this would look great in pictures and on my shelf! I mean this book sounds good, but another series? No thanks.
8. Don’t Get Caught by Kurt Dinan. Okay, I reread the synopsis and this book is definitely not for me anymore. It’s funny to see how much my reading preferences have changed in about two years. It’s crazy. I love this over though haha.
9. Boys Don’t Knit (In Public) by T.S. Easton. I was ready to take this book of my list because I figured I wouldn’t want to read it since it’s been so long. However, after rereading the synopsis I think it sounds like such a cute story. That’s the most important part of this meme, rereading the synopsis, because if I didn’t this would be so much easier and pointless honestly. Anyway, this book seems good and interesting.
10. Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gatz. I prefer to read history if it’s non-fiction. This book is YA, but I found out that a lot of this book is true. However, there are so many things that are undocumented therefore it can’t be considered purely non-fiction. Since it’s based on a true story and it seems interesting I’m gonna keep it on my TBR. 🙂
Let’s see where my to-read list stands now. It’s at 422! I call that a success!! I can’t wait to see the day where I reach 399 haha. Maybe soon…probably not haha. Anyway, this was fun and I hope y’all enjoyed it! I always enjoy this post! 🙂 Have a great day y’all! ❤