This challenge is focused on finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2018 to December 31st, 2018. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is open from now until December 1st, 2018, so you may join even just for the last month of the year.
- Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published. For example, I’m hoping to catch up on the Winston Brothers series by Penny Reid, but I know there will still be another book coming in 2019 before that series is considered complete. I would just need to read all the books published before the end of 2018 to qualify it as completed for this challenge. So assuming the release schedule remains the same, that would include Dr. Strangebeard but not Beard Necessities.
- We don’t care if you have only 1 book or 10 books to read in order to finish your series, as long as you’ve started the series before 2018 (ie read at least one book in the series), it counts. Re-reads are not required.
- Any format and length of book counts – print, e-book, audio, ARC, etc.
- Series can be any length (even if it’s just a Duet).
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable!
- Reviews are not required, but highly encouraged.
How to Play:
- Declare your intentions to participate in this challenge somewhere on the internet!! You do not need to be a blogger to participate, there are many ways to declare. You could write a blog post, create a reading challenge page, create a Goodreads shelf containing series you hope to finish, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Some things you could include (but that aren’t required):
- A link to this page so that others may find us and join the fun as well (feel free to download the button at the top to use in your posts).
- A list of series you hope to read for this challenge. You could even get fancy and list the length of the series, or the books you’ve already read, etc.
- The level you are aiming for.
- They will be posting monthly link ups for you to add links to your reviews or any wrap-up/overview posts you wish to share.
- Go forth and READ!! And have fun!!
- Use the hashtag #FinishingTheSeries2018 on any social media to keep up with other participants!
I’m planning to be a C-List Series Finisher so 1-4 series. Hopefully this goes well. I wanted to do the B-List, but I didn’t wanna stress myself out too much. If I manage to read more series and surpass C-List then good for me haha.
I may or may not change my series choices throughout the year. I’m just gonna be relaxed about it but we’ll see what happens.
Series I Plan On Finishing:
A Court of Thorns and Roses
So, I plan on finishing this series. I’ll have to buy the other books, but this has been on my TBR long enough!
This one is a must!!! My boyfriend got me this series like almost two years ago now! It’s just so intimidating that I haven’t felt like reading it, but I plan on reading it this year and having this challenge to motivate me.
I read the first book last year and still haven’t read this one. It’ll be good though since the third one is coming out in 2018. 🙂
I just bought the second book not that long ago and I’ve had the first one for a while. I don’t know if there’s a third one coming out in 2018 or not, but I’ll find out eventually haha.
That’s my list! Like I’ve said it may or may not change throughout the year but it’s a pretty good starting point. I’m actually really excited to give this challenge a try. 🙂 You can find more info about it by clicking here!