This year is coming to a close so I thought I would talk about some of my favorite books from 2017.
I had a pretty good reading year. I read 70 books surpassing my goal of 65. I’m pretty happy with that even though I could have read a lot more if I wasn’t in such a slump since November! Oh well, it happens and I just gotta deal with it.
Anyway, let’s just get started with some of my favorites from this year! 🙂 Oh a little side note before we get into this: Most of these books, if not all, I rated 5/5 stars unless stated otherwise. They’re also in no particular order. 🙂
Dennis Maruk: The Unforgettable Story of Hockey’s Forgotten 60-Goal Man by Dennis Maruk with Ken Reid
1. If you’ve been on my blog for a while then you’ll probably know most of the books on this list!
I really enjoyed this book! I was given an e-copy of this book through NetGalley. I didn’t have many hopes or expectations going into this book, so I was pleasantly surprised with it! I love hockey and I really loved reading Dennis’ story. I have a review here if any of y’all are interested in reading that.
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
2. I read this book in the beginning of the year. It was the third book I read and I absolutely loved it! I’ve recommended this book to anyone and everyone, because I loved it that much! I have a review on this book as well if you wanna read that just click here.
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
3. I read this book in one or two days. It was such a good book with such a cute story! I just really fell in love with the characters and their stories and their romance. I’m not the biggest contemporary fan, but I really enjoyed this one.
The Hat Trick by Tom Earle
4. I would recommend this book to everyone, but not everyone likes hockey or sports…I get the whole sports thing but come on hockey is amazing!! 😉
This book is definitely one of my favorites…clearly since it’s on this list. I just really liked everything about it. 😀
What I Lost by Alexandra Ballard
5. Another contemporary?! I know, I know. I saw this book in the bookstore and I liked the cover and when I read the synopsis I thought it sounded pretty interesting. It was pretty interesting and I really liked it if y’all couldn’t tell haha. This book is not a book I would recommend to everyone because it deals with things like anorexia and eating disorders. It can e triggering to some so I would recommend it to everyone who can read it without being triggered.
Melody’s Key by Dallas Coryell
6. I was sent an e-copy of this book by the author and I am very happy I dd because it’s such a good book! I read it during the summer and I think that was the perfect time to read it because it was a cute little romance. I wrote a full review here if y’all are interested.
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
7. I don’t read a lot of graphic novels because they can get pretty costly for something I can finish pretty quickly, but I think this one was definitely worth the purchase. I really loved this graphic novel and the artwork is amazing!! I love that it’s more about villains and how Nimona is a shape shifter who’s quirky at the same time. Just a fun and good read.
Smoke Jumper: A Memoir By One of America’s Most Select Airborne Firefighters by Jason A. Ramos and Julian Smith
8. I don’t read a lot of nonfiction but this book was on sale and it seemed like a pretty interesting read and it definitely was. I just found his job so interesting and I loved learning about it. I definitely have a newfound respect for people such as Jason.
I think that’s it. 🙂 These aren’t all the books I gave five stars just some of the ones I really enjoyed this year.
Comment down below some of your favorite reads from 2017! I would love to hear! 😀 ❤