It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. I already went through all of my Goodreads to get rid of books I didn’t want. This is just a way to help keep up with what I’ve already gone through and cleaned.
So on my to-read shelf there are currently 343 books…let’s see if we can narrow that down a little haha.
Oh, another thing is I’m just kinda picking randomly on my to-read shelf….because I can haha.
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
1. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series) by Cassandra Clare. I’m sure a lot of people will hate me for this but I think this along with the rest of her books will have to go. They sound okay but I don’t know if I would like them or not. I’m pretty sure I added them to my TBR because everyone raves about them. I’m not saying I’ll never pick them up, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon. I’m not a fan of long series’ and this one never seems to end haha.
2. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston. I just don’t feel like reading this anymore. I’ve gotten to a point in my reading where I don’t care if it’s popular I’ll read t if I want to and I don’t want to read these books haha.
3. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. I don’t know where I heard of this book, but it honestly sounds so interesting! It’s a series, but it sounds like one I could manage haha.
4. The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black. I think I added this book because a lot of my favorite BookTubers loved it. I’m not sure, but it just doesn’t sound like something I would enjoy too much now.
5. Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel. This is another series and honestly it sounds cute and something I might like, but I’m tired of series. I already have a whole shelf full of series I need to finish.
6. Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. If you can’t tell I read like one book by him and decided I wanted to read the rest of them. Well now I’ve changed my mind haha. His books sound interesting I’m just really not in the mood for series especially if I’m not 100% interested.
7. Every Hidden Thing by Kenneth Oppel. Yeah more of Kenneth haha. This one isn’t a series but I’m just not interested anymore.
8. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. This is another series I added because everyone loves it and I guess I just don’t care enough to keep it. Whoops!
9. RoseBlood by A.G. Howard. Another book I added because of the hype at the time
10. The Book of the Dead by Michael Northrop. I don’t even remember adding this to by shelf or why I even added it haha.
Getting rid of so many series helped me get down to 316 books! Very happy about that haha. I’m proud of myself too, because I’ve started reading what I want not just what everyone thinks is so good. I often find myself disappointed because the “popular” books just get over hyped and then I’m stuck disappointed.
Anywya, I hope y’all enjoyed this post!!! ❤ Have a great day everyone
2 thoughts on “Down The TBR Hole: #7”
I really need to try this idea out for myself to cut down my tbr. I agree on not following what everyone thinks about a book because everyone has different opinions, and you’re often left disappointed. I could name a few over hyped books that were disappointing for me ugh. Nice post!💖
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! Your comment makes em very happy 🙂 Just a little disclaimer I didn’t come up with this haha…I just don’t remember the blog who did 🙂 Let me know if you give it a try<3
LikeLiked by 1 person