I was nominated by the lovely Nicky over at An Introverted Bookworm! I love doing these posts and I always feel honored to be nominated. Thank you so much for the nomination Nicky! I hope all of y’all go and check out her blog!!
What Is It?
The Liebster Award is an award presented to bloggers by other fellow bloggers, with the pure intention of supporting each other! As part of being nominated, you must answer the eleven questions given by the blogger who kindly nominated you. Then, in turn, nominate eleven more bloggers and leave eleven new questions for them to answer.
1. If you had the opportunity to meet one author who would it be?
That’s kind of a tough question because there are two authors I would really like to meet. In the end I think I would have to go with Andy Weir. If you read my posts you should know that I love all things space and I love humor. If you don’t know who he is then I shall inform you! He’s the author of The Martian and he’s coming out with a new book Artemis. I am so excited to read his new book! I would love to talk to him about his books and get them signed.
2. What is one book you absolutely hated?
I hated a lot of classics that I had to read for school, because my teacher would make me annotate the book and so I wasn’t focusing on the actual story which just ruins the book for me. However, the first book that came to mind wasn’t a classic. I really hated Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I was super excited to read this book but it really wasn’t for me and all it did was make me mad, but at least I finished it.
3. What is your favorite genre?
I don’t really know. I read mostly YA, but I’ll read anything if it’s good. I don’t have one thing I stick to I’ll go all over the place haha.
4. Which book character do you have a secret crush on?
I don’t crush on book characters….haha I guess I’m boring like that.
5. What is a book that changed your life in some way?
It took me a while to think of a book, but I’m going to have to go with Power Play by Eric Walters. It makes me think more about those who are molested or sexually abused and are afraid to speak up. It taught me that you shouldn’t be afraid to speak up no matter what the problem is and that if you do you’ll get the help you’re looking for. I wrote a review for this book and I would really appreciate it if y’all would take the time to read my review.
6. How do you prefer to read? (Book or E-reader)
I prefer physical books but that doesn’t mean I don’t like e-books. I also like audiobooks even though I don’t listen to them a lot. I think all of them are good it just depends on the circumstances.
7. What’s the funniest book you’ve read?
I would have to say The Martian. It has so much humor and I love it a lot! I don’t read a lot of books that are humor and I feel like I really should buy more humor books, because they gotta be great!
8. If you were going away on a trip and could only take one book to read, which book would it be?
I would take Stephen King’s IT because it is such a giant book that I’m sure would last me a whole trip! I really want to read the book because I saw the movie recently and it was so good. However, I’m trying to save some money so maybe I can buy it another time.
9. Do you read classics?
I just recently started reading some classics. I bought a lot of classics on sale and I’ve read a few of them. I prefer t listen to classics on audiobooks though because I have trouble following what’s happening if I’m reading and for some reason audiobooks make me understand it and pay attention more. I’m currently listening to Peter Pan. 🙂
10. Which fictional universe do you wish you could live in?
I wish I could live in the world Catherine lives in from Heartless. That’s one of my favorite books and the magic and food all sounds amazing! Also, the food in her world sounds to die for! It was a book where I wish the food she made was real so I could enjoy it while I read!
11. Why did you start blogging?
I’m pretty sure I’ve answered this before in a previous post, but I don’t mind talking about it some more. I started blogging because I wanted a place where I could write reviews and talk about books on something I could create. I know Goodreads is great for that but I wanted something I could customize and make it look however I pleased. I’m so happy I started my blog and I’ve met so many people in this blogging community.
Who I nominate:
Er at Literary Tea With Er
Sabrina at The Reader Devotee
hanah at Bionic Book Worm
Mandy at Book Princess Reviews
Candace at Literary Dust
I know it’s not 11 people, but so many people have already done this and I figured tagging a few was better than none. If you’ve already done this you don’t have to do it again. If you just don’t want to do this then you don’t have to. If you’ve never been tagged but want to do this then go right ahead! 🙂
1. Who’s your favorite author?
2. Have you ever met any authors? If so who? If not who would you want to meet?
3. What’s your all-time favorite book?
4. What do you do to get out of a slump?
5. What’s your favorite bookstore? Or do you prefer online shopping? If so what’s your favorite online bookstore?
6. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
7. Do you like getting nominated for these types of posts? (Be honest)
8. Do you like reading posts more or writing posts more?
9. Do you have any pets? (Random I know haha)
10. What book do you think has the prettiest cover?
11. Do you want to be an author?
I hope y’all enjoyed reading my answers as much as I loved writing them!! Until next time! 🙂